Providence Marathon & Half Marathon FAQ’s & Contact
Be sure to read the entire Race Details page in addition to this FAQ to make sure you have all the necessary info about Providence Marathon & Half Marathon!
Live Event FAQs
Where can I check to see if I'm registered?
How do I update my registration info?
Can I transfer my registration (bib) to another person?
To Transfer Your Registration to Another Runner:
- The original runner must log into their Enmotive account and scroll down to find their existing race registration under “Current and Upcoming Events.”
- Click the blue “Actions” button to the right of the race name, and then “Transfer Registration.”
- Enter the new runner’s email address to begin the transfer process.
- The new runner will then receive an email from Enmotive with a link to complete the transfer.
- After clicking the transfer link in the Enmotive email, scroll down to click the green “Accept transfer” button.
- Complete the registration process, and pay the $10 transfer fee.
- Once completed, the new runner will receive an email confirmation, and the original runner will receive an email confirming their registration has been cancelled.
If the transaction is not completed by the new runner within 48 hours of the email sent, the transfer request is cancelled, and the registration will remain in the original runner’s name.
Can I move up or down a category?
Yes. You may switch from one race to another as long as the race that you’re switching to isn’t already sold out.
- To do so, simply log into your account (you may need to reset your password first).
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see your upcoming race on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click “View registration.” You’ll see your current race distance under “Category.”
- Just click “Edit,” choose the distance you’d like to switch to.
- You’ll be prompted to review the rest of your registration, and re-sign the waiver for the new distance.
If you’re switching up to the half marathon or down to the full marathon, then you’ll be required to pay the difference in price. We don’t offer refunds for the difference in price when switching down to the half marathon. Instructions on accessing/creating your Enmotive account.
Can I transfer to another race?
What is your refund policy?
Can I register on race day?
Are course maps available?
How do I check for, or add on, Race Day Bib pick up?
There will be no race day packet pickup at the event.
Is there a time limit for any of the races?
Yes there are time limits. The Half Marathon has a walker friendly time limit of 3.5 hours and the Marathon time limit is 6 hours. Runners will be staggered at the start time based on pace.
What is included in the registration fee?
Where are the best hotels to stay?
Are there medal awards?
Yes. Medals will be awarded to all finishers.
Are there age group awards?
Yes, we will have an awards ceremony once most of our age group categories have filled in.
Where can I find the results?
Will there be restrooms along the course?
Will there be medical stops along the course?
There will be finish line medical and on course support at various locations throughout the route. Aid stations will have assistance.
Can I run with my dog or baby stroller?
Will there be pacers?
The Providence Marathon will have pacers running at marathon paces of: 3:00, 3:05, 3:10, 3:20, 3:25, 3:30, 3:35, 3:40, 3:50, 3:55, 4:05, 4:20, 4:35, 4:50, 5:05, and 5:20. The half marathon will have pacers running at half marathon paces of: 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30, 2:40, 2:50, and 3:00.
Is there an age limit?
Marathon participants must be 18 years old on race day. Half marathon runners must be 16.
Can I check in my gear?
How do I get my free race photos?
Can I pick up a friends registration packet?
Once I finish can I go back and run in with my friend?
Can a friend / family member cross the finish line with me?
What are the AWD (athletes with disabilities) guidelines and event rules?
To participate as an AWD athlete you must notify the Race Director of your participation a minimum of 20 days in advance. This allows our staff to ensure the safety and security of each athlete on the course prepare the ES (early starters) corral for athletes. To ensure your spot and be approved as an AWD participant please contact email@example.com. Should there be a duo team, a coupon code may be provided for the pusher/coach by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the Marathon USATF certified/Boston Qualifier?
How do I partake in the Rhode Master Series?
Who should I email for press inquiries?
Contact our team at email@example.com
Virtual Event FAQs
Where can I run/walk?
When do I need to complete my run?
How do I track my distance and time?
For the Virtual Run, we accept results on the honor system, but the most accurate tracking is typically via a device with GPS tracking.
How do I log my results?
After you’ve completed your run, click the Log Result button on your Virtual Run registration to enter your time. Once you’ve entered your run time, click the Finisher Certificate button to download your personalized Finisher Certificate.
Do I need to submit results to get a medal?
What items are included with the Providence Marathon & Half Marathon Virtual Run?
When will my packet ship?
Race packets for the virtual run will begin to ship within 1-2 weeks of the live event.
Do you ship internationally?
What do I do if my goodie bag doesn’t fit? Can I swap it?
Still Have Questions?
The answers to 99.9% of the questions we get asked every day are already on this awesome website, which means you’ll find an answer much quicker here than by emailing us and waiting a few days for a response! Of course, if you’ve read every word on this site and still can’t find the answer, shoot us an email and we’ll respond as soon as we can!